A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Licensed Vocational Nurse, is responsible for providing basic medical attention to patients and assessing their wellbeing as part of a larger medical team. Their duties include checking vital signs, recording a patient’s medical history and assisting patients with hygiene.
- Location: 100 Mile House, BC
- Salary: $28.43HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-06-28
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a reliable LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for invalids and injured people in a professional and considerate manner. You will work under the supervision of a registered nurse or doctor.
LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. It is a demanding job but also very rewarding.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Frequently asked questions
What does a Licensed Practical Nurse do?
Licensed Practical Nurses work to keep patients comfortable while in a medical or hospital setting. They specialize in identifying vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse and temperature to record a patient’s current physical condition.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Licensed Practical Nurse?
Licensed Practical Nurses are responsible for managing patient care depending on each patient’s unique needs. Their duties include meeting with patients about past medical history and logging vital signs to create a record that will inform and guide the patient’s care plan.
What makes a good Licensed Practical Nurse?
An effective Licensed Practical Nurse has the patience to deal with various patients in taxing situations. They also should be gentle, calm, and nurturing. In addition, a good Licensed Practical Nurse requires good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Who does a Licensed Practical Nurse work with?
A Licensed Practical Nurse works directly with patients to record their previous medical history and vital signs. They are directly supervised by a Registered Nurse, who collaborates with the Physician to develop a customized care plan for each patient.