A Physiotherapy Assistant’s role is hands-on and highly patient-based. Physiotherapy Assistants work with Physiotherapists and are required to be responsible for providing patient care and encouraging patients to complete specific treatment plans related to injury, illness or disability-related physical issues.
- Location: 965 Bovaird Dr W Brampton, ONL6X 5K7
- Salary: $18.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Physiotherapy assistants work alongside qualified physiotherapists, assisting in the rehabilitation of patients suffering from reduced mobility. Key tasks of a physiotherapy assistant include setting up equipment, preparing clients for therapy and demonstrating mobility aids and exercises. Other duties may include keeping the department tidy and basic administration work
Ideal candidates are caring, patient individuals with an interest in health and physical education and a positive, motivating attitude. It is also important to have a good level of physical fitness and the ability to work well in a team. Many employers will require at least four GCSEs (A – C), including English and a science subject. Previous experience in a caring role would also be highly useful
The work usually takes place in hospital physiotherapy departments and private practices and could be either full-time or part-time.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Additional Skills
- Schedule and confirm appointments; Clean and maintain equipment; Document patient rehabilitation progress
- Area of Specialization
- Work Setting
- Physician’s office; Rehabilitation centre and special health institution
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Physiotherapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy Assistants Specific Skills
- Carry out treatment programs, under the direction of physiotherapists and/or occupational therapists, to rehabilitate patients with various injuries or disabilities
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
965 Bovaird Dr W
Brampton , ON