The DoorDash app is very sleek, yet some of its capabilities may appear to be concealed. Our headline question is one of the app’s most prominent questions.
Adding and deleting payment cards in the DoorDash Android or iOS applications is simple, however the option is hidden. The DoorDash website is the same way. The following sections contain all of the necessary instructions on the subject. In addition, we offer instructions on how to cancel Dash Pass and remove the DoorDash account.
How To Delete DoorDash Credit Card From The App
It is not as simple as it appears to remove a DoorDash payment card from the DoorDash mobile app. This is due to the fact that your default card cannot be deleted.
When you’re ready, follow the steps below:
- Open the DoorDash app on your tablet or smartphone.
- From the Home screen, navigate to the Account page.
- Then select Payment Methods.
- Then swipe left on your CC and press Delete.
Because there is no default payment option, your card will not swipe to the left. Unfortunately, you will have to specify a payment method.
- Click Add a Card in the top-right corner of your screen to add a new card.
- Provide the new credit card information and tap the card to place a checkmark next to it.
This page also allows you to save several credit cards. Simply touching on one of them will make that card your default selection.
How To Delete DoorDash CC From A Website
The procedure for deleting a DoorDash credit card from the website is slightly different. Follow the steps below:
- Open the DoorDash consumer website in any browser.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on the three horizontal lines.
- Click on ‘Payment.’
- To delete a payment method, click the three dots next to it.
- Click ‘Delete’ and confirm.
Note: You can’t get rid of your default payment method. You must use the three dot menu to select another payment method as the default, then delete the one you want to remove.
If you’re certain you’ll never use DoorDash again, you can go a step further and delete your DD account.
How To Delete Your DD Account
You can’t simply delete your DoorDash account. You must submit a request, and DoorDash will deactivate your account. The best way to do so is to contact official DoorDash support via email:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type “Deactivate my account” or something similar in the Subject field.
- Fill your account details, including your user name.
- You can give a reason for deactivating your account if you want to. Wait for a response after sending the email.
DoorDash support usually responds within a few days. They will most likely approve your request and deactivate your account.
Cancel The DoorDash Premium Plan
Perhaps deactivating your DoorDash account is too drastic. You can cancel your DashPass plan instead. Here’s how:
- Use the website or the mobile app to sign in your DoorDash account.
- Click on the DashPass menu.
- Then, click the Hamburger menu.
- Next, select Manage DashPass.
- Finally, select End Subscription.
In the mentioned menu, you’ll find information about your DashPass subscription, allowing you to decide when to cancel it.
Frequently Asked Questions
As previously stated, it is not particularly simple to remove payment methods from DoorDash. We’ve done the research and have additional answers to your questions right here.
Is It Possible To Remove All Of My Payment Methods?
No, unfortunately. This is especially annoying if you allow a buddy to use your payment method to place a purchase on their behalf. To delete a payment method, another choice must first be available.
Your only option is to delete your account entirely. Of course, if you have a problem with an unauthorized payment, please contact DoorDash support here.
What Payment Methods Does Door Dash Accept?
You’ll be relieved to hear that you can adjust your payment method using a number of financial resources. You can add your PayPal account, Google Pay account, Apple account, a gift card, and, of course, major credit cards.
Removed Credit Card
Hopefully, this article has assisted you in removing a credit card from your DoorDash account. In addition to removing your credit card information from DoorDash, we discussed some related issues.
Did you decide to discontinue your use of DoorDash, or did you simply want to add a new payment method? What about deactivating your account? Is it a step too far, or did you go ahead and do it? Please let us know in the comments section below, and feel free to share your thoughts on the subject.