The most recent PS6 was released in 2020, however a fresh PS6 release date could be on the horizon. This will not happen on a specific date. However, in this article, I’ll try to provide you with a date based on the timetable from the prior year.
When Will The PS6 Be Rreleased?
The PS5, the most recent advancement in this technology, was released in late 2020. By logic, you should expect the release of a new version to take some time.
In 1995, Sony released the Playstation 1. The PlayStation 2 was released five years later, in 2000. Following this, there was a massive redesign of experience and technology. The third, with increased storage, was released in 2007 — seven years after the Playstation 2. The Playstation 4 was released six years later, in 2013, and the most recent, the Playstation 5, was released seven years later, in 2020.
With the exception of the Playstation 3, which was released in March, the release dates are mostly at the end of the year, ranging from September to November.
So, one thing is certain: the Playstation 6 will most certainly be released by the end of the year, and given that the typical time between two releases is 6 or 7 years, we can expect it to be around 2026 or 2027.
We should also consider the time between development and release. For example, development on the PlayStation 4 began in 2008, but it was not launched until five years later. The same may be said about the PS5. It began in 2015 but was not completed until 2020. Assuming that development of the PS6 begins in 2021, it will most likely be released in 2026.
We get the same year from this as we did from the previous estimate.
Is There Going To Be a Change In The Game Console?
Sony has been accelerating the development of its technology. You never know if they’ll release a USB-type console that you can plug into your PC or TV.
It, like other companies, keeps its designs under wraps. So far, we can only speculate. This time, I predict that there will be some downsizing as well. Given that all companies tend to lower the form factor of their electronics, this could be a possibility.
What Would The Price Of PS6 Be?
Regardless of the specifications, the final model people used cost roughly $400 to $500. If the PS6 receives a significant improvement, the pricing could range between $550 and $700. That is certainly with the upper bounds of what the price could be in mind.
PS6 Features To Look For
Sony, I believe, will capitalise on the Playstation’s existing features.
- The built-in wireless system will improve, and who knows, Sony may give you the option of charging stuff directly from your console this time – which might be your phone, headphones, or even power banks.
- The next generation is all about virtual reality. Consider Facebook’s introduction of Metaverse, and you’ll see where I’m going. As a result, the VR experience may become a built-in feature on the PS6. You can imagine yourself immersed in the virtual world from the comfort of your own home. That, however, would not be possible if there were no motion detectors or controllers to provide you with a near-realistic experience.
- You could increase the storage capacity of your PS5, but that’s basically rocket science. The PS6 will hopefully have expanded storage, or Sony will provide us with an easy means to do so.
- We could see a complete shift to the digital world. The PS6 may not rely on discs at all. As evidenced by EA’s 2020 sales, which were primarily digital (52 percent), Sony would undoubtedly want to seize this opportunity and relieve users of the burden of carrying discs.
- Sony could be working on a higher resolution. Until 2026, 8K displays will be the norm. As a result, the PS6 will need to provide that support. I’m assuming it will be by default.
- I’d love it if Sony switched from a one-unit to a modular design, allowing users to upgrade individual parts in the same way. It would not be difficult to disassemble the entire machine. That would be convenient, and I won’t wait any longer to get the console.
- Many people, including myself and, most likely, you, want Bluetooth audio. Sony may answer our prayers by including it in the PS6. That will take the experience to a whole new level.
- Finally, as with every new version, the console’s user interface will be upgraded. We may see an improved user interface. Imagine wireless connectivity to that, and you know the console will take your experience to a whole new level.
Conclusion On the PS6 Release Date
Sony has not announced an official release date for the PS6. However, we can predict when it will be available based on previous releases. If it’s already in the works, expect it by the end of 2026 – that’s my prediction. I also predict that it will have significant specs changes or upgrades that you will enjoy this time around. So, until then, stay put and enjoy PS5.